Friday, May 6, 2011

The Price of Having a Family in 2011 is just not right!

I recently experienced the cost of wanting to start a family in the land of my birth,Trinidad WI and it required had I continued along the rose-scented path of blind Cupid the following:

1. Marriage without a prenuptial agreement
2. Transfer of cash assets of in excess $8 Million TT to purchase a lease land and building that had only 6 years left on the lease before expiring and the house replacement building cost less than $1 million. The land true value being less than $300000 TT, so we are talking about taking $8Million TT cash and exchanging it $1.3 Million of shelter, but yes I have love and the possibility of progeny, no guarantee, only words to share that shelter with me.
3.Purchase a new vehicle that is worth $95000TT for $190000TT insurance included, and get the opportunity to taxi my love one to and fro when and as needed.
4. Provide $25000 TT per month to run this potential family and bear sole and full responsibility of such while the potential Mrs. Matadeen continues educating and taking care of her needs , and provide a $400000 TT per annum vacation for the stresses of living such a life.

After carefully reviewing items 1 to 4. being of sound and sober mind and having a miserly bent , I stumbled on to the hard rock of truth: I cannot or do not want to purchase this lifestyle, and my heart and testicles with penis are a minority to the rest of my body. Now a business peer of mine crudely put it to me , Matadeen old boy that is an expensive 5 inches ( the length of her vagina), when I shared the experience I was creating for myself with the choices I made. To make matters worst , it was conditional that I had to get a room at an upscale hotel for $2000 per night if I was to get sex, needless to say , I got an asexual courtship, but not for lack of trying for hetero.

To conclude , I am once again celebrating singleness, the real possibility of not having a family because I just cannot afford it , even if I can the price is not right!

1 comment:

Francesco said...

Dearest Adrian,

Bless you brother. My heart goes out to you and every thinking man. I was following your blog with intellectual interest, when I read "expensive five inches." I could not control my laughter. As you know, my situation is the same, but coming from the opposite direction.

I'm very glad you took the time to calculate the cost of modern married life. Always good to have a handle on this reality.

Tragically, modern couples can & do talk endlessly about money, material goods, vacations - things of this physical world; however, very few couples dream of spending the same time or effort needed to cultivate wisdom or relationship skills, as they do on planning and taking a vacation.

They cannot photograph, spend, invest or even touch new found wisdom - and understandably there's little incentive to acquire it. The end result is a endless lack of mutual understanding; and quite honestly a complete lack of 'knowing' what unconditional love is (that's real love) & how to apply it, which can and does lead to divorce. Need we quote relivant statistics?

In writing this comment, I've been struck by an interesting idea; along with a commitment to a pre-nuptual agreement, a couple should also commit to a humility & wisdom aquistion agreement. This could be dangerous, but worth a try.

Warm regards,
Francesco